In this guide, you will learn how to create your own bot using BDFD.
- Go to Discord Developer Portal.
- Click on the "New Application" button and provide a name for your application.
- In top-left corner, click on the hamburger icon (
≡) and select the "Bots" tab.
- Once done, press the "Reset Token" button and copy your bot token.
Never share your Discord bot token with anyone. Learn more
- Now, open your BDFD app (If you haven't installed the app yet, head over to Play Store/App Store and download it) and press "Create New Bot".
Make sure that when you are creating a new bot, your Discord account is signed into the BDFD app. This is so that you don't lose access to your bot in the future.
- Enter your bot's name and its token (the one that you copied earlier from the Discord Developer Portal).
- If you have a share code, toggle on "Use share code" and put the code into the text field.
- After agreeing to the Terms of Service of both BDFD & Discord, press "Create bot" to create your Discord bot.
- Open the BDFD app and select your bot.
- Click on the "Invite bot to server" button.
- Press the "Edit invite link permissions" button and choose the permissions that the bot will have when joining a server.
- Then, click on "Add your bot to your server" and selected the server.
- Click on the "Continue" button and your bot will be added to the selected server.
To create the first command, you must click on the "Commands" tab after selecting your bot and press on the "+ Command creator". You will see 3 categories ("Command Name", "Command Trigger", "Template Functions").
- Come up with a name for your command and paste it into the "Command Name" field. (You can leave it blank).
- Now come up with a trigger for the command. (Example:
It is important that the trigger of the command matches its meaning. After completing the command setup, press the "Create Command" button. Now you can create your first code! In "Reply Message" you can paste this code:
$nomention $reply Pong!
- Click on "Save command" to save the code.
- Click on the "Dashboard" tab after selecting your bot and press on the "+ Add free hosting time" button.
- Enter the indicated numbers and click "Confirm".
- Press on "Dashboard" tab after selecting your bot and click on "+ Watch ad for 140 minutes of free hosting time".
- After watching the ad, your bot will receive 140 minutes of hosting time.
- Use premium points to get hosting time without watching ads.
If the bot is not online after these methods, then take a look at this page: Why my bot is offline?
!ping command in a channel of the server you invited your bot to.